The Highland Hedgehog

The Highland Hedgehog

Friday, November 26, 2010

Day Twenty Six

 


My beloved who I am so very thankful for.

Well as you can see, we had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings.  Today we had turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce and tonight a re-creation of the feast without all the work thanks to the microwave.


Once I had finished cooking, I am afraid that my foot was finished as well, and my beloved did all the cleaning and put everything away.

 

But a nights rest and I was up and doing house work, putting away our Thanksgiving decorations and getting out my $10.00  Christmas tree and decorations.  I put the tree in the window behind the couch and we can see it in the mirror on the other wall while watching TV.  I want you to know that the tree is 6 feet tall, and sitting on the window sill so you can see how tall the room is.  A 12ft tree would fit in here with no problems.

 The only problem with this beautiful tree is there are no angels on it.  Tomorrow Robb has promised to take me to a craft store so I can buy fabric for wings and some type of face to create angels out of the scallop shells we've gathered.  Once I have angels on it, the tree will be perfect.
 

Oh and Robb has found a Mexican Restaurant for us to have lunch at tomorrow.  It is called Rancho Pancho in Dundee.  Does it seem like everything I write about includes food?  Must be something in the air!
Love to all.
Dawn

3 comments:

  1. You need to wrap your ankle and foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No exceptions! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving dinner. It all looked wonderful. Ours was very nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like snow in the forecast for your area eh? I hope that aga keeps the house warm.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving! Your place is beautiful and sounds you are having quite an adventure. Hope your foot feels better soon! Love from Colorado!

    ReplyDelete