The Highland Hedgehog

The Highland Hedgehog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Day Eight

 It all started this morning.  I am still feeling sick and thought that I would spend the day in my bathrobe and pj's.  Robb had all this wiring and putting together to do and I am just drinking tea and relaxing.  All of a sudden I hear a big noise and I yelled  "are you alright?"  Assured that he was, I wandered to the bedroom where the noise came from to see what was the matter.  He had tried to move a night stand to use as as "Temporary desk", the results you can see.  It was the second (more about that later) broken thing that needs to be fixed.  He had spent the morning moving furniture around attempting to make an impromptu office with very poor results.  I suggested we drive the five miles to Dundee to a super store and purchase what he might need.


Now I am a very good navigator, but the going two round abouts, turning left, then three round abouts, turning right, had me confused.  We ended up turning around to head back when we spied a shop called "B & Q".  Which just last night had advertised on the Telly's they sold lamps.  I suggested we visit the store to see what they had.  Unfortunately, they don't sell folding tables which is what we were looking for, but they did have glue and screws which were necessary for the repair job.  Asking about a place to find the table we were told to go out of the parking lot, take the roundabout, almost completely around and what do you know, we found the shopping center we had set out for.  It had many stores, none but Home Base had we ever heard of but we went in each and everyone looking for a folding table.

In this photo you will see our printing, copying and fax area.  We have taken over one of the extra bedrooms to use as our office.

In this photo you will see our successful purchase of a folding table, or TV tray if you will, but it works excellently as my office desk.  My computer screen is broken and doesn't light up, but the monitor above is connected to the computer and lights up beautifully.  Actually better than my computer because it is twice the size.

This lovely desk is a one of and Robb and the lad in the store took it apart so it would fit in the car.  It holds his computer, papers and mirror.  He said that he needs that so he sees that he is smiling while he talks!
All in all it was a good outing and we found all that was required to set up a satellite office here in the UK.
Oh, by the way look at what I found at B&Q, a complete Christmas tree set up for 10 Pounds, plus the tartan star, couldn't resist.  Can't wait for tomorrow!
 A six foot tree, 100 lights, 24 balls, beaded garland and my STAR.
Till tomorrow then, Love, Dawn

2 comments:

  1. The room with the broken desk and two beds looks a lot more like a college dorm then it rightly should... ;) I'm glad you both are making it work.

    -m

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Love the tree mom!

    Are you going to cook a turkey for Thanksgiving?


    love you!

    ReplyDelete