The Highland Hedgehog

The Highland Hedgehog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day Twenty Eight

The snow has not stopped since I posted my blog yesterday.  What was a light dusting has turned into one of the earliest heavy snowfalls in the UK since 1993.
 
Tried to take some of the same shots as yesterday.

Someone tried to drive down the road, I think to visit with the elderly lady next door but their car became stuck and a tractor came and pulled them up the hill.  Needless to say, we didn't even try to go any where.
It has continued to snow off and on all day, with winds at thirty miles per hour, thunder and lightning even while it snowed.  A wonderful storm to see and be inside and warm during!

But that left me with little to do all day so I thought I would show you one of the oddities of this house.  Now in Mary Poppins one of the first things she does when is hired is re-decorates her room.  She walks over to this little mirror on the wall, removes it and then pulls out this large mirror from her wonderful carpet bag.  She makes some statement like "I prefer to see all of my face at one time" or something similar.  Well I know just how she feels.  Here are the mirrors over the sinks in all three bathrooms.

This is the mirror over the sink in the "Master Bath"  As you can see where the flash is you can sort of tell my height.  I can only see the top of my head and certainly can't see my teeth while I brush or put on make up.

This is the mirror over the sink in the family bathroom that Robb uses, the cord you see is the electrical turn on for the shower.  Again just the top of my head

This is the third bathroom in the guest bedroom.  It is a little lower than the others, but still no whole face.  I think that one needs to be at least six feet tall to use any of them, and woe be to any one shorter, ie, me, or any children.
There are two little desk mirrors and one on the wall in the guest room.  Yes it too is hung high enough for only a six footer to use.
But fortunately, in the master bedroom, hidden in a corner, with no light was a thin wall mirror.  I moved a chair, bought a TV tray to make my make up/hair dresser and now I can see all of me, just like Mary Poppins.  I only wish I looked like her.

Well, the weather outside is frightful, and my honey is so delightful and waiting for me to finish so I'm off to bed!
Love to All,
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment