The Highland Hedgehog

The Highland Hedgehog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February 9

Hello Everyone,

Well the past week was a busy one for Robb as he had meetings all over England and even into Wales.  I on the other hand was able to enjoy the scenery as we drove south, read a couple of books and be treated as well as the "clients".

This was the first trip south that we drove to East Angelia as they call the eastern seaside of England.   Robb had a meeting with a farmers group that is interested in offering their customers a group purchase of turbines.  It would be great for the company and we hope that it will work for them and us.

Leaving there, we headed towards London town, where I thought we were going to park the car on the outskirts and take the train into town.   Well.... Robb had other plans and found a car park close to the hotel where we were staying and wanted to drive all the way into town. 

For those who have been to London you'll understand my dismay at the idea.  But a stronger woman than I was able to handle all the turns, round-a-bouts, taxi drivers and confusion.  Yes, I have to admit that dear old Englentine was superb in getting us to the car park and taking us out of town the next day.  Robb did really well and I might of, and I say might of again, closed my eyes a couple of times only as we made our way into town.

Once in town Robb had to get ready for his meeting and I had the luxury of relaxing in our hotel room and getting dressed for "Dinner and the Theatre".  I made my way to the tube and rode down to Covent Gardens to walk around all the stalls before meeting with Robb and his client for dinner.  After dinner we walked to the Vaudeville Theatre on the Strand and saw a play by Oscar Wilde.

An Ideal Husband is an 1895 comedic stage play by Oscar Wilde which revolves around blackmail  and political corruption, and touches on the themes of public and private honour. The action is set in London, in "the present", and takes place over the course of twenty-four hours. "Sooner or later," Wilde notes, "we shall all have to pay for what we do." But he adds that, "No one should be entirely judged by their past."


I have to admit that I have been blessed with the true Ideal Husband!  Not the furry guy on the left.
We took a taxi back to the hotel after enjoying a really nice evening.  My foot is so much better and I was able to take all the walking plus the steps in the tube station. 

But our best day of the trip was yet to come.  You'll have to wait until the next blog for that!

Love to all,
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment